Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kim Kardashian may like Leah Hinton Tattoo Design



girl with tattoo

art is the most important thing in my life, and this rendition of starry night will never let me forget that. props to justin at smokin guns tattoo in wv.



girl with tattoo

my angry panther done by hamish @ sacred tattoo auckland, new zealand. it’s about perseverance. 


http://richiexoxo.tumblr.com/



girl with tattoo

this is my number five tattoo. there isn’t any real significance, but i loved the design as soon as i found it.


tattoo artist: gerry geer.



girl with tattoo

An (obvious) Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference as well as a constant reminder. I also only chose this font for the “i”. Look close enough and you’ll see a little zombie.



girl with tattoo

My newest tattoo, on the back of my left arm below my elbow. Symbolizes me and two of the most important things in my life: writing and music. Two bass clefs form a bit of a heart behind a quill pen and scimitar clashing a la “the pen is mightier than the sword.” I am in love with it. Done by Shawn Myers, Cherry Valley, CA



girl with tattoo

This is my ongoing project. I’ve posted an earlier photo on this blog, when it was just a GameBoy color. This was taken after the second session.



girl with tattoo

My Swampy tattoo, finishing the darker spots soon!



girl with tattoo

Illustration from Beatrix Potter’s The Flopsy Bunnies. A few hours old, done by Matt Barnett of Evolved Body Art in Columbus, OH.



girl with tattoo

My boyfriend, he doesn’t have tumblr, but mine is http://pariisxo.tumblr.com


The woman on his chest is called Gloria ;)



girl with tattoo

My second and largest tattoo to date, honouring my grandfather who died of cancer five years ago. 


The tattoo was designed by my best friend, it depicts part of the type of glasses my grandfather wore and the Volgswagen logo, because my grandfather was a car fanatic who loved that brand of car. I got the tattoo done in May at a studio in Norway, Bergen called Leading Light by a tattoo artists called Chus Comeron Fernandez, who did an absolutely stunning job and is such a sweetheart. Many hugs were given after the tattoo was complete.  



I had been thinking about getting a tattoo in memory of my grandfather since he passed away when I was 17 years old and I know he would have approved, being heavily inked himself. Now he is as permanent on my skin as he is in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment